Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Power of Prayer

I am not sure how you pray, there seems to be so many different options and forms of prayer. The variety in prayer is something that I love so much about Christians. Often times I journal my prayers. There are so many thoughts bouncing around in my head that it sometimes is easiest to write them down, even if it is in jumbled jots. Recently, I had the privilege to watch God answer so many of my hopeless prayers. All I had to do was reread some of the prayers I had written down. Looking back I remember how hopeless I felt about certain situations and the desperateness of my prayers. Have you experienced that? Now that some time has passed, I see how the Lord answered those seemingly desperate prayers in a way that brings me to my knees.

Often times in our most dark and desperate moments we wonder if He even hears us. His word tells us that in those times of need we must call on Him. Jeremiah 3:33 says to "Call to me and I will answer you." The ability to know that He hears our prayers and answers them is something so humbling. He can transform those fear and worry into good (Romans 8:28).

Think about the things in your life that you have prayed about and He has given you an answer to. Write them down if you need to. I think you will find that He not only hears you, but that He has blessed you immensely. If you are currently going through one of those times where you feel completely hopeless, remember that your prayers are heard by a God who is always with you (Hebrews 13:5). He knows the plans He has for you and they are better than anything we can imagine (Jeremiah 29:11).

I hope you find joy and peace in knowing that your prayers will be answered (James 1:2). They may not be answered exactly how you hoped, but they will be answered in a way that God has willed for your precious life!

Have a wonderful Wednesday! Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment