Sunday, March 4, 2012

Watching Your Words

The power of our words can be such a difficult thing to grasp.  I'm not sure if you are like me, but I am quite the talker.  Sometimes my words can be encouraging, and other times quite discouraging.  Our words have such an impact on those around us.  I recently was given such sweet support by someone who I care about deeply.  I often have little "projects" that I like to start in my life.  I can get so nervous about starting them, because I am scared they might not work out just perfectly.  While I am very blessed to have a wonderful support system, this specific evening spoke volumes to me.  It was not anything out of the ordinary for this person to support me, but their words were exactly what I needed to hear.  The words made me feel as if I could do anything with the support of that person and that I was enough to get the task done.  I realized that night not only how blessed I was to have such a special person, but that I want my words to have that kind of impact.  I want to be that kind of person, a person of impact.

Do you have people in your life that are just impacting with their presense?  Do their words encourage you and penetrate your heart greatly?  God's word tells us in Ephesians 4:29 to not have discouraging things come out of our mouth, but rather things to build a person up.  We have the choice everytime we open our mouth as to whether or not we will say something encouraging or discouraging.  The old saying that "If your don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all" is true.  We must be careful with our words.  God is not asking you to do it alone, He is your helper (Isaiah 41:13).

In the light of encouragement, I encourage you today to not only be careful with your words, but to speak words of love.  There are so many people in our lives who need to hear things from us and we often fall short of saying those words.  Ask God to guide you and give you the words to speak to the people in your life.  You'll see relationships changed, I'm sure of it!

P.S. My posting schedule may be changing, I'm just getting use to this! Looks like things will be posted on Tuesday and Thursday!

Have a fabulous Sunday! Much Love!

Song to listen to: Give Me Words to Speak by: Aaron Shust

No comments:

Post a Comment