Sunday, March 11, 2012

Noticing the Precious Moments


Kurt Vonnegut once said, "I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, "If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."

I absolutely love this quote!  I so often get wrapped up in all the anxieties of life rather than focusing on how I am truly blessed.  Recently I have tried to "smell the flowers" a little more in my life.  In James 1:17, James tells us that "every good and perfect gift is from above."  Think about how many good gifts we have in our daily lives that we do not even recognize. 

Not only do we have great gifts in our lives, but those gifts often create great moments.  I feel as if everywhere you look something is telling you to enjoy the moment and cherish the day.   What if we for once really did that?  If we took time out of our busy day to really notice the things that will ultimately reveal to us, a great deal of happiness.  Often times when we slow down and enjoy a moment with someone for what it truly is, we find great peace and happiness.

I love when I catch myself in those precious moments that remind me how wonderful God is.  When I think to myself if this is it for me, then I am satisfied.  If we begin to notice these moments and blessings in our life, we will be so much more satisfied with our lives and less worried about tomorrow.  In Matthew 6:34, Jesus tells us not to worry about tomorrow, because today has enough trouble of its own.

My encouragement for you today is stop and cherish some moments in your day or just take time to see all your blessings.  I think you will not only be content, but overwhelmed.  Remember your God is a very awesome God! 

Have a fantastic week! Much Love! 

P.S. I updated the Verses I'm Loving page - check it out!!

1 comment:

  1. Another great message . . . I, too, have been making a conscious effort to "stop and smell the roses" more and to savor precious moments. I find that I fail to do so often as well; this is a great reminder to stay at it!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete