Sunday, July 8, 2012

Irreplaceability

"A woman's heart must be so hidden in Christ that a man must seek Him in order to find and understand her."

I have always loved this quote, but I came across it today and had a much greater appreciation for it. As I mentioned to you in a previous post, I have been doing lots of reading and research. One person that I have uncovered great knowledge on is, Eve.

As I read through commentaries and books regarding Eve and Genius, I came across the word "ezer", which God calls Eve for Adam. The translation of the word that I felt really showed Eve's purpose was "lifesaver." In Genesis 2:18, God says that it is not good for man to be alone. He gives us this great purpose and irreplaceability here. What we have to grasp is that we are the daughters of Eve, therefore, we have a great purpose and irreplaceability. Imagine the significance you as a woman have if God decided that without you "something wasn't good," even though He had created a place untouched with sin and a scared relationship with Adam.

We, as women, can learn so much from Eve and who God called her to be in this world. He placed us here to be a lifesaver to another to allow for someone else to see Christ through us and allow for Him to changed their hearts, forever. My question to you today is where is your heart? Is it hidden in the very depths of Christ?

The book that I am reading right now to give me such incredible insight into Eve and her story is called, "Captivating" by John and Stasti Eldredge. The men's version of this book is called "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge. I would encourage you to read both - they can open your eyes up to things you never understood before! They are definitely doing that for me!

Have a lovely Sunday! Much love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment