Saturday, June 9, 2012

Be Child-Like

How is your weekend going? It has been raining like crazy here in Louisiana, I feel like I am living in Seattle! I am definitely ready for some sunshine.

I'm not sure how often you are around children, but I came to find last night it is a magnificent thing to be around little ones. I have the great privileBigfoot being a big sister to two adorable young girls. Last night my littlest sister, Berklee, taught me something I pray I never forget.

I have recently been so preoccupied with other things that we haven't gotten much quality time together. However, we got to snuggle up last night and get our girl time in. She is only two, but the smartest two year old I have ever met (maybe I'm biased). It was way past her bedtime, so we had to start calming down. I asked her if she wanted to hear a story, which she agreed to and insisted I tell the story of Cinderella. I didn't mind - that's one of my absolute favorites.

As I finished up the story I asked her if she was a princess. She replied to me with no doubt that yes of course she was a princess. I followed her answer up with the story of her being Jesus being our savior. He was her King and she was His little princess. She listened to me with great intent, a way I often wished I would listen to people. She understood what I said, because she regurgitated it right back to me. She said "I'm Jesus princess and He loves me". It brought great joy to my heart. It's never too early to plant the seed of Christ in anyone.

What if we thought of things that simply? It is that simple at the end of the day. Jesus loves us intimately and fought for us like the great King we need. He saved us, but we let other things get in the way of rememebering that. He calls us to have a child-like faith (Mark 10:15). I never realized why until last night as I watched how easily she trusted. She trusted my words, like we should trust His. Wednesday I asked you to Be Soft in a world that wants to make you so bitter and hard. Today I'm encouraging you to be child-like, trust in a God that knows more than we will ever know. You will not be disappointed.

Have a Child-Like Weekend! Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment