Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Be Soft

"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."

I'm not sure who said this quote, but I love it! Sometimes the negativity in life can cause us to stop believing in wonderful things, like divine purpose, love, true friendship, and even simple kindness. Christianity calls us to be vulnerable and loving, which is so contrasting to the world we live in and many people who interact with us. It calls us to be soft in a really hard world.

We forget to believe in the incredible things God has given us, because we harden ourselves to them. God tells us that He has given us everything we need for life (2 Peter 1:3) and that we must live a life of love (Colossians 3:14). Don't be afraid to feel things and to not to let the pain or cruelty of the world make you stop believing in the beautiful things God has given you and created around you.

I don't know what kind of situations you may be in or what you your going through (I'd love to know), but I encourage you to be soft. Don't let the hardness of world or the protection of your pride get in the way. Love fully and completely. Forgive and move forward. Cry but then remember to laugh. Don't let this world make you stop feeling, because once you stop feeling things you stop really living. God created you to live fully.

I am so glad to finally be back and post again! I had a wonderful graduation and trip to the Bahamas - it was one I will never forget. I would love to hear from you and how you are doing!

Hope you are having a fab Wednesday! Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment