Thursday, June 28, 2012

I'm with You

Have you ever had one of those ideas where everyone else thought you were crazy? Maybe you were young and you wanted to go on some adventure that seemed unrealistic? The response you got was more like "Are you crazy? No!" rather than a "Sounds good, let's go!"

I am an idea and project person, sometimes I am amazed by the number of projects I can come up with in one day. Usually they only hold up residence in my head, but nonetheless they exist. That personality has done some good, but also some bad. It has made me a person who likes to "fix" others. Have you ever done that? The intentions are always true and noble, but they don't always appear that way.

Recently, I've learned I want to just be with them. Think of a time when you had an idea that others would tell you was a bit crazy. Did you have one person that said, "Sounds great. I'm with you." Regardless of whether or not the idea would work or if they thought it was a good idea they were by your side. They showed you presence. They weren't going to try to change your mind or you. They showed you love.

That's the kind of love God has for us. Jesus is often called Immanuel, which means "God with us." Jesus is present. The world can make us believe that love is suppose to be found in material things or wrapped up in a pretty bow. However, the love that God created and gives to us is a rather costly love, because it requires some sacrifice and presence. It not about undertaking a project or fixing someone, it's about being present. It's about saying, "I am with you." No matter what choices that person may make, you love them all the same.

Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you."

Hope you have a fantastic Thursay! Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment