Monday, May 28, 2012

Take Time to Rest

I got the opportunity to celebrate our great freedom and the men and women who fight for us this weekend at Bayou Country Superfest! It was so much fun, but also pretty exhausting. Between that and the LONG graduation night (which was so fun), I needed a serious day of rest!

I went to see what the bible said on rest and loved that it was plentiful on the subject. I found great comfort in being reminded that when God was creating the universe (even though a lot greater than my little weekend), He took time to rest (Genesis 2:2-3). Sometimes we get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of life that we forget to rest and take time to just relax. I sometimes find myself feeling guilty for just relaxing, but I now know that isn't from God.

Taking time alone to spend some time with God is important to in our resting (Mark 6:31). He will give us the rest that we need to be rejuvenated (Matthew 11:28-29). I have recently found that quality is better than quantity. Taking time to rest and then do things the right way can allow you to be so more productive. So find some time today or tomorrow to just rest. When I allow myself some time for peace, I always find myself to be a much more effective person!

I head out for the Bahamas in two days, so I won't be posting until next week! With that said I hope you have a fabulous week and here are some verses I am loving!! Let me know what your enjoying!! Much love!

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with everlasting kindness."
Jeremiah 31:3

"Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes' and your 'No' be 'No;' anything beyond this comes from the evil one."
Matthew 5:37

"There is more mercy in Christ, than sin in us."
- Richard Sibbes

"Always be joyful. Never stop praying."
1 Thessalonians 1:2

No comments:

Post a Comment