Thursday, April 12, 2012

Finding Inspiration

So, I decided to do something a little different today! I have recently been compiling all the things that inspire me and make me who I am. I encourage you to do the same at some point. I am discovering so many things. This is a bit more personal than my usual post, so please bare with me.

Current Inspiration:

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9
When I read the commentary on this verse it said, "You don't always have to hold yourself together." I am the type of woman who is always trying to make sure everything is "put together," including myself. So, what a relief to know that we don't have to be perfect and we are allowed to have some weakness! I love that in our weakness, He is able to shine through!


"Is this what you want to be doing when Christ comes back?"

I found this question in a typography post on Pinterest the other day. It was so convicting! I began to think about how much stuff I wanted to do before that day, but then I was hit a little harder. Was this how I wanted to act on the day Christ came back? Would people be able to identify me with Christ if they knew me and He was back? Maybe you are asking yourself the same thing. I can't tell you when Christ is coming back, but I can tell you I want to be able to stand next to Him and mirror similarly to Him in the way I live. What about you? Let start right now!


"When I am overwhelmed lead me to the rock that is higher than I"
Psalm 61:2
Just one of those verses to remind you that there is always someone higher, bigger, and stronger than anything that may be overwhelming you!


"Don't look down on anyone else unless you are helping them up"

I am a big believer in more than one chance, what about you? As a sinner who has been redeemed by her sweet Jesus many times, I think that if He can extend grace then so can we. Many people will tell you that your crazy or naive for extending grace and forgiveness to someone who has hurt you, but didn't Jesus get called some mean things? Instead of looking down on the person struggling, forgive them and help them up. I'm not promising that they won't hurt you again. However, I do believe that God will take care of you.

Hope this brought some inspiration to your Thursday!! I want to thank all those who have given me such sweet encouragement for the blog lately - it means so much to me! I would never be able to do anything with out the help of my precious Lord! Much love!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! this was a breath of fresh air to me!! :) thank you for sharing Stay blessed

    ReplyDelete