Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Thirsting for Peace

I'm going to be honest, I struggled today in choosing what I felt God wanted me to write about. My life is experiencing major changes and constant busyness, which means my head and heart have recently been all over the place. So in the midst of that I find myself thirsting for some peace. If you are an anxious person or a worrier, you probably struggle finding peace in you life as well. I came across a quote that I thought spoke volumes on peace.

"Peace is not the absence of trouble, but the presence of Christ." -Shelia Walsh

It can be difficult to find peace in situations that we do not understand or trials that seem unfixable by us. Relinquishing power over to Christ for your situation can be easier said than actually done. Truly trusting the Lord to work out your trials in His perfect timing (Ecclesiastes 3:11) and His will for your life can be an apprehensive task.

He gives us many verses to lean on in our troubles and a comfort to give us peace. His words are compassionate and can often meet the need that we profess to have even before we have them. He already knows that we will encounter tribulation, but to have peace, because He has overcome the world (John 16:33).

Think about a time when you were stressed and anxious about something that was out of your control. Now imagine that moment when someone comes in and says, "No need to worry I've taken care of it all." What peace and relief just echo throughout you? That's what the Lord is doing for us. Isn't that just the best news you've heard all day?

James tells us to consider all our trials joy (James 1:2). So the next time you get anxious or stressed and looking for peace, remember to present your request to God (Philippians 4:6-7). Prayer and living in a "Christ-Conscious" state will help us to have the peace we saw often forget we have access to!

Hope your having a marvelous Tuesday! Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment