Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Legacy To Leave

Do you remember being a child and wanting to be like the famous people of Hollywood? Maybe it wasn't an actress or a singer, but someone who's name would be remembered. Most people want to be remembered well, whether it be in a big or small way. I have recently been thinking about how I want to leave my legacy. I'm hopefully not going anywhere anytime soon, but I think we start our legacy now.

There can be so many superficial things that trap us in this world. It is so often that we are remembered by our accomplishments, which is great but I want something more than that. I want to be remembered for leaving a fragrance of Christ. A woman who blesses my Lord's name. I want to be able to have touched lives for Christ. Live a life of love. When they think of me, they think of Him. What about you? How do you want those you come in contact with to remember you?

I felt I couldn't say it any better than the lyrics of this song by Nicole Nordeman called, "Legacy."

I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And I enjoy an accolade like the rest
You could take my picture and hang it in a gallery
Of all who's who and so-n-so's that used to be the best
At such'n'such ... it wouldn't matter much

I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights
We all need an 'Atta boy' or 'Atta girl'
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides
The temporary trappings of this world

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who
blessed your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

I don't have to look too far or too long awhile
To make a lengthly list of all that I enjoy
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile
Where moth and rust, thieves and such will soon enough destroy

Not well traveled, not well read, not well-to-do or well bred
Just want to hear instead, "Well Done" good and faithful one...

I hope you take the time to listen to the song or download it. We leave a legacy behind everyday. Everyone we come in contact with will remember us somehow, how do you want people to remember you?

Hope you are having a blessed Sunday! Much Love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment