Sunday, April 22, 2012

In Search of Everything

I must tell you, I am super excited about my post to you today! While I have tried to keep myself out of the post as much as possible this one is pretty focused on my life (hope you don't mind). However, I hope God speaks to you or gives you some encouragement for your own life.

Those quotes saying "Don't think too much or you'll create a problem that didn't even exist in the first place," describes me perfectly! I tend to be an over-thinker. So, recently in my over-thinking of how I really want to find out more about life and myself, I brought it to the Lord. After much time in prayer and reading I discovered it was a time for a new project (I LOVE projects - probably why interior design is a great field for me).

I discovered that I was about to have three whole months to pretty much choose what I wanted to do, when would I ever have that opportunity again? In the midst of that I decided I wanted to read more, take more chances, exercise more, be more dependable, and more agreeable. You get the picture right? There were so many things I wanted to do and had yet to try.

Recently, I read a quote saying, "What a wonderful life I've had; I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Now I know that I'm young and I have many things to learn, but why not start doing the things I've always wanted to do right now. I want to become captivated by life.

I thought about all the things I could call it. It first occurred to me to call it, "In search of happiness," but the thing is I'm not unhappy. I have the joy of knowing who I am in Christ. I want to make that clear, this isn't a search for happiness. I'm a very happy girl. I wanted to learn and appreciate things that already exist in my life and discover new things too. So, I decided to call it, "In Search of Everything." To be honest that exactly what I feel as if I am doing.

My project is not going to be centered around me. The goal is to inspire you and learn new things about my relationship with the Lord to rely to you. Also, to help people I never though I could've helped. Volunteering has always been one of my very favorite things and this summer I plan to do a whole lot of it. I'm still figuring it all out and deciding what all to do.

It is my hope and prayer that it in some way inspires you to your own project. While it may look different than mine, it will be incredible. I will continue to post devotionals like usual, but now there will be a tab (In Search of Everything) on the blog for you to keep up with what I'm doing! Please let me know what you think and any ideas you may have for me - I seriously would LOVE to hear from you!!

Have a lovely Sunday! Much Love!!

P.S. Be sure to sign up for email updates and follow the blog on BlogLovin

Theme Song for right now: Brighter than the Sun - Colbie Caillat

1 comment:

  1. I have the oposite problem...I DO too much without thinking!
    But I love projects too and want to write a book!
    I love when you said "I thought about all the things I could call it. It first occurred to me to call it, "In search of happiness," but the thing is I'm not unhappy. I have the joy of knowing who I am in Christ."
    It is so true, when it comes to knowing Christ, he gives you joy unspeakable.
    ~Morgan

    ReplyDelete