Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fulfilling A Destiny

I had the privilege of leading a group of eightH grade girls in a bible study on Esther last year. Like I said in my post about Ruth, studying the women in the bible is so meaningful for me because I can relate to them! The very famous verse from Esther is in Chapter 4, verse 14, "Who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this." Verses after this Esther commits to going to the king in order to save her people even though it means risking her life. She will go boldly saying, "And if I perish, I perish." (Esther 4:16)

When we think of our destiny or our purpose, we usually think of some glorious plan. At least that is what comes to my mind. Often times when we experience a crisis, it is God's way of pivoting our direction. Our ego wants us to special instead of useful. Do not get me wrong here, YOU are special!! However, we are on this planet to be purposeful. Your destiny is always going to involve someone besides you!

In Philippians 2:13, we see that God wants to work within us. God will unfold our destiny in front of us. Often times we think this just can't be it. Whether it be what you consider to be the worst timing ever, however it may be God's perfect timing. Often when we are in a crisis, we are perfectly ready for a wonderful revelation. We have to hold on to the truth that God's time is the right time.

Sometimes its not the timing of our calling that scares us, but the request. It seems like an unreasonable request! You just feel like its more than you can handle. Do not fear though, because You are not called to do it alone(Hebrews 13:5).

A change, a dilemma, or a redirecting of our life can be an intimidating thing to experience. My encouragement to you is to trust in the Lord, faithfully and with all your heart. He is the Almighty and His ways are above ours. As I look back on the times that I thought, 'God right now is just not a good time for a project or something new.' He would come in and change my life for the better. I am so blessed for those moments of crisis that turned in victory.

Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!!! Much Love!!!!

P.S. I am so excited about Sunday's post so be sure to check back on Sunday! Thanks so much! :)

1 comment:

  1. this was really awesome! God's been speaking to me about similar things and always challenging me to let HIM work in regards to my destiny.

    ReplyDelete