Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Letting It Go

In light of all this exciting change and adventure occurring in my life, I began to think of the clutter that I must uncluttered in my life. As I began to pray about it, I realized God has a lot to saying on letting go. In Philippians 3:13-14, it tells us of forgetting what is behind and straining for what is ahead. What do we let go of and what to we hold onto is the real question, right?

Have you ever thought of control as an idol? The word idol seems like something from the time of Kings and Israelites, not something we would struggle with. However, you would probably be amazed by all the things you'd idolize. I've been praying for God to reveal to me what I idolize, I encourage you to do the same. The idol of control seems to be a big one, especially with regards to letting go. Letting go of things can sometimes be a terribly difficult and involves much hurt, whether it be letting go of relationships, plans, goals, flaws, or gilt we may have.

Proverbs 3:4-5, tells us to trust in the Lord with all our hearts and to not lean on our own understandings. Key in on the second part, He allows us to have the knowledge that we won't understand His ways. Often times we aren't going to understand Him, because His ways are above us. We have to just trust - let go of control!

In the post on Destiny, I mentioned how often times Christ brings a revelation out of a crisis. Isaiah 43:18-19 tells us to forget the former things, because He is doing something new. We know that He works all things to good (Romans 8:28), so why not trust Him?

I'm not sure what you may be struggling with letting go of, but I have begun to believe that sometimes you just have to let go. We won't always understand why or how it is all suppose to work, but in the end it'll be for our good. If its meant to be apart of your life, He will bring it back around in His timing.

Have an awesome Tuesday!!! Much love!

P.S. I hope you enjoyed Sunday's post and were inspired in someway. I should have stuff up and running on a page about the project very soon! I loved hearing from y'all and would love to continue to hear your feedback!!

No comments:

Post a Comment