Sunday, April 8, 2012

Remembering to Dance

Dim light, wood floors, and the news playing in the background is how I remember my grand dancing stage as a child. I don't really remember dance recitals or the feeling of an actual stage. However, I do remember the innocence I felt dancing and singing in front of the people who loved me the most. There was nothing grand about it to most people, but to me it was the best spot light in town. I would twirl and smile as if I had nothing to lose. It was as if I was in the best dance company in the world. There were no expectations and no one to be compared to. I was in a world of bliss.

As time went on I lost the feeling I had once felt in the spotlight of my living room. I lost my twirl, my bliss. The knowledge of who I was had faded. That simple and innocent knowledge that I knew as a child. Spending a few moments listening to the enemy and it all was much more complicated.

Listening to enemy that told me it was easier to believe lies than the truth. There seemed to be more criticism than applause. This wasn't like that make believe stage I had once danced on. I began to only sway and never spin with my eyes closed, who was there to trust? A flaw here and a flaw there. I began to look to the dancers beside me, they seemed to do it much better. Was I really even enough?

I lost who I was.

Somewhere between the hard times and the pain we encounter in this world, we begin to lose our twirl. We forget how to dance (2 Corinthians 2:11). I thought this was an analogy that could help you understand how cherished you are in Christ, but how quickly the enemy can deceive us. He can bring us farther from who we are than we ever expected ourselves to go. We begin to rush through life. We forget what great dancers we are and how beautiful our stage is.

If we slow down enough to really listen to the Lord, I think we will find that same feeling I once felt in my living room. We will find some innocence and bliss. We will feel as if we are enough, because we are! Remember who God made YOU to be, no one but YOU! That is a very powerful thing and the knowledge that in Him you are enough!

Don't forget to dance. Turn up the music real loud if you have to and let yourself be free. You deserve to know how precious and cherished you are in Christ! He is risen and in Him you have a new identity (2 Corinthians 5:17), you can dance!

Have a blessed Easter! Much Love!!

P.S. Sorry for not posting this last week - I was at the beach without wifi!

No comments:

Post a Comment