Monday, May 14, 2012

Be Thankful Always

I have decided to change up the post schedule for the summer to Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I hope you don't mind. I am finally finished with finals and couldn't be more ecstatic about the summer I have ahead of me.

With all the wonderful plans and ideas swarming around in my head I am overwhelmed. However, I keep thinking about all the incredible things that have just happened in my life. I recently posted about remembering the good things that have happened, even if you have to let go of them. Today though I want to remind you to be thankful for the things in your life both in the present and past.

I came across the quote, "You never know what you have until it's gone." This is often true for circumstances in my life, I forget to notice how great things are until they have passed me by. I forget to live intentionally. All the change that is occurring in my life is causing me to really notice how blessed I am and have been. Don't get me wrong I am loving the changes, but I also am sad to let something go (like a few best friends moving away)! We must remember to be thankful (1 Thessalonians 5:18).

My hope for you today is that you realized how truly blessed you are by your sweet Savior. Sometimes we're too busy counting all the things that are wrong, instead of counting all the things that are good. I have started to think of five blessing for every one complaint. It has helped us me to notice what I have, while I have it. I think you'll be surprised by how blessed you really are, all because the Lord loves you (Ephesians 5:20)!

Hope your having a marvelous Monday! Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment