Thursday, May 17, 2012

Current Inspiration

So, I forgot that I changed the post schedule (whoops)! I am thoroughly enjoying my time off and spending it with the people that I love. Sometimes just taking some time off to breathe is so nice (I feel blessed to be able to do it). I wanted to share with you the things that are inspiring me this week and keeping me on track!

"If it is meant to be, it will be."

"Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves."
- Philippians 2:1-3

"Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."
- 1 Corinthians 13:7

"Be daring, be different, be impractical."
- Cecil Beaton

"As long as you are proud you cannot know God. A proud man is always looking down on thing and people: and, of course, as long as you are looking down you cannot see something that is above you."
- C.S. Lewis


These quotes and verses are guiding me this week, so I hope you enjoy them! I have been doing a lot of reading on humility and it is so convicting. Have you read about Mother Theresa and all the incredible things she did (I encourage you to do so)? Her humility is so inspiring and reading about her brings me to my knees. I hope to write on humility soon (maybe tomorrow), but I like to do very thorough research and reading!

Let know know what your loving and being inspired by! I hope to have an exciting message for you tomorrow from God's word. What are you reading right now out o of His word?? I love hearing from y'all about what your reading (I get so excited).

Hope you have a great evening! Much love!!

P.S. Don't you love these beautiful white roses? They were on the dining room table when I arrived at the lake house this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment