Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Believe in Yourself

"If you don't believe in yourself, then who will?" So, I came across this quote yesterday and I just fell in love with it. Isn't it so true? Many times believing in someone else is easy, because you probably see all these positive and wonderful qualities in them. However, we as not always so nice to ourselves and miss all those positive things that can allow us to live purposeful lives.

Since I will be graduating on Friday (craziness!!), I keep thinking about the "rest of my life" and what I'll be doing. I am trusting that the Lord has a perfect plan and that His timing for each opportunity will be all part of it. Believing in myself and that plan is so important though to the rest of my life.

I'm not sure where you are in your life, but I hope whatever you may be doing you believe in yourself. I just finished up Blue Like Jazz (must read) and his last chapter was on loving yourself. Not in a self-righteous or boasting way, but rather an overflow and understanding of Christ unconditional love for us. It is not until we understand those things are we able to love others fully and through Christ (1 John 4:19).

Whatever you may be doing or what adventure you might be embarking on next, believe in yourself. You are fully accepted, and loved in Christ (Ephesians 1:6). With Him you can do anything (Philippians 4:13). So, make choices that reflect that love for both yourself and Him. Believe in who Christ made you to be, it's a wonderful person!!!

Hope you have a great evening! Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment