Friday, May 25, 2012

Incredibly Thankful

Well the big graduation day is finally here! The reason I say finally is because I have literally been talking, preparing, and attending parties for this for months now. Don't get me wrong, I've loved every second of it! Anyway, I decided to reserve today's post as both a thank you and a pass along of some fabulous advice I've received.

First, I have to thank my incredible family and my dearest friends. They take time out of their busy days to read this blog and pass it along to people they know, so I felt this would be the best way to tell them thanks. They have each taught me and inspired me more than they will ever know. I would not be the person I am today without their unconditional love and support. I would like to thank each of them for loving me for exactly who I am and believing in me when I was unable to do so for myself. My gratitude for each of them is infinite.

Secondly, I want to pass on some of the great advice that they have each given to me over the years and recently that has and is continuing to change my life.

- Never change yourself for anyone else or yield to peer pressure, stick to the pure path that you have chosen.
- Love passionately and completely, even if it breaks your heart.
- Share what you have
- Make each day better than the last.
- Don't just hear, but really listen
- Never forget where you came from
- The Lord will provide strength and character to get you through any situation
- Stay open-minded
- Be present and take nothing for granted; life is short.
- Take risks
- Stay humble

I have heard many speeches, received letters, and had long talks with family and friends, but these are the things that stayed with me. These are the pieces of advice that are changing me. Maybe you've heard them all before, but something might stick with you too. I am not saying each of these things will be present in my life everyday, but I am striving to get there.

The last thing I want to leave you with is a verse that I am holding so dear to my heart right now is Psalm 126:3. The Lord has blessed me with people and things in these past years that will keep me forever grateful. I have never been more joyful as I enter into this new chapter of my life.

Have a wonderful day!! Much Love!

P.S. My apologies for how long this post ended up being! I appreciate you getting to this point :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't think this blog was too long at all! On this very special day, you have "chosen what is better" (Luke 10:42). Instead of basking in your own achievements, you have chosen to glorify God in gratitude of what He has done in you. May you continue to allow God to shine through you! Thank you for sharing your beautiful heart through this blog.
    Love, Ms joa

    ReplyDelete