Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fearing the Unknown

As I have told you many of times (probably too many), my life is experiencing many changes. With that said I am receiving SO much advice from the people around me, I am absolutely reveling in it! Having the people I hold most dear give me insight about life is one of my favorite things. Finishing one chapter in my life means that there are many more to come (both scary and exciting) for me.

It has me thinking a lot about the unknown future ahead of me. I know that recently I have been all into "living in the moment" and "being thankful for right now," which I promise I'm not straying from. However, the unknown can be kind of scary and often times difficult to understand. Meaning that I don't want to just push it away like it doesn't exist. I went to my favorite source of wisdom, the Bible to give us some encouragement and insight.

There is much comfort to be found in Deuteronomy 31:6, where we discover that God will never leave us nor forsake us. No matter what obstacle we may face or unknown change that comes our way we can be strong and courageous knowing that He is there for us. He tells us over and over again that He will never let us face things alone. In Isaiah 43 (love this chapter), He tells us that whatever we pass through He will be right there with us. I hope you find great comfort in that.

Since I started my project "In Search of Everything," I tried to figure out what I was looking for and to be honest I still don't know. There is so much that I do not know yet about life and about myself that I hope to discover. I take great comfort in that fact that the Lord is going to be right alongside me as I do it.

A quote that I am just identifying so much with right now (maybe you will too) is "I didn't really know what I wanted to do but I knew the woman I wanted to become" by Diane Von Furstenberg.

I hope you have a great Thursday!!! Much Love!


Image Link

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love that quote by DVF! I'm saving it right now! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete