Sunday, May 20, 2012

Peaceful Praying

I have realized I am becoming more and more like my wonderful grandfather by the second. I am currently at what might be his favorite place in the world, the lake house, and it is quickly becoming my favorite place as well. I have been coming here since I was young, but this weekend it really captivated my heart all over again (I'm aware I sound a bit dramatic). I am writing to you from the back porch and I just love how present God is here. There is nothing but peacefulness. I am hoping to come here much more frequently this summer

Our world is so busy, it is hard to take two seconds without a phone ringing or hearing the television. I think we often forget the simple things (I know I do). In forgetting the simple things, we sometimes forget to thoroughly pray for other Christians. I have always loved the title "Prayer Warrior," which means someone is constantly praying for you. There are some major prayer warriors in my family (what a blessing). Anyway, I have always wanted to be a good one.

In my readings of Colossians, the Lord showed me how to become a Prayer Warrior for the people that He lays on my heart daily. It was a step by step list on the ways to pray for a fellow Christian. I have listed them below:

1. Be thankful for their faith and changed lives (Colossians 1:3)
2. Ask God to help them know what He wants them to do. (Colossians 1:9)
3. Ask God to give them deep spiritual understanding (Colossians 1:9)
4. Ask God to help them live for Him. (Colossians 1:10)
5. Ask God to give them more knowledge of Himself. (Colossians 1:10)
6. Ask God to give them strength for endurance. (Colossians 1:11)
7. Ask God to fill them with joy, strength, and thankfulness. (Colossians 1:11,12)

What if we began praying for fellow Christians this way? What a difference it might begin to make in their lives! I have tried to be the best prayer warrior for some people, but I now I have a great guide. I hope that God lays people on your heart to pray for and that you trust in the great power of prayer. I often get discouraged, because sometimes prayer is my only way to get anything done. However, I always end up overjoyed because the Lord answers my prayer in His way (the best way).

I hope you have a lovely Sunday! Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment